AA Projects has worked in the further education sector for over 17 years providing a wide range of services to over 150 college clients. We have helped deliver some of the most significant and award winning projects in the sector which have set standards for best practice.
Most recently, our team has worked closely with colleges to help maximise the efficiency of their existing accommodation through informed space planning based on the detailed analysis of curriculum accommodation requirements and through the identification of savings and efficiencies in procurement and energy consumption.
A national review was launched in September with the objective of creating colleges that are financially resilient and offering education and training based on the needs of learners and employers. The Government’s intention to move towards fewer, larger and more resilient colleges is clear and this will invariably result in mergers. Since the review, we have worked with various colleges with an overriding objective of generating efficiencies. This has involved:
- Curriculum redesign to reflect LEP priorities
- Curriculum review to remove duplication and maximise efficiency
- Supporting shared services and facilities
- Assessing the impact of proposed mergers
- Due diligence on potential partner colleges
- Space planning for leaner colleges with higher utilisation rates
- Reducing operating costs
- Generating capital receipts through disposal of surplus estate
- Reduction in energy costs through Salix funded energy efficiency projects
- Benchmarking of operational costs to identify savings opportunities
- Reducing the facilities management costs through re-procurement of contracts
- Review planned maintenance and statutory activities