Over 120 staff members gathered for a busy couple of days at the 14th annual staff conference, which took place on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 June at the Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club.
The event is an acknowledgement and celebration of AA Project’s fantastic teams and allows them the opportunity to meet up from various locations across the country and exchange ideas and create plans for the year ahead.
The conference was opened by Kenneth Wood, Managing Director who welcomed everyone to the event, set out the themes for the conference, and gave a short presentation on current successes and challenges facing the business.
This was followed by presentations from all divisional Directors and an engaging and interactive workshop based around objective setting and business priorities.
The BRAVO Awards returned this year. These awards are voted for by colleagues and recognise the hard work and commitment of staff across our key values. Congratulations to this year’s winners, which include:
- Kimberlee Bagley, Team Secretary, Birmingham
- Anne-Louise Wells, PA & Team Secretary, Leeds
- Gordon Harrow, Senior Building Surveyor, Birmingham
- Chantel Costain, Executive Assistant, Manchester
- Rebecca Kirk, Administration Assistant, Liverpool
- Abigail Hill, Assistant Project Manager, Birmingham
- Cameron Cassells, Apprentice Project Manager, Leeds
- Jack Liddell, Architectural Technologist, Manchester
- Sarah Butler, Associate Director, Manchester
- Mattone Awang, Apprentice Surveying Technician, Liverpool
The longstanding tradition of a game of friendly football was honoured and played with great team spirit and golf flags for goalposts.
The pre-dinner entertainment created and delivered by a small team of staff was a crowd pleaser. There were lots of games and activities for the staff to get involved in and this year we celebrated the commitment and dedication to the business of its founder and Chairman, Paul Allen and long serving Director, Kevin McEvoy, in true AAP style. This was followed by evening dinner, games and a disco.
The second day of the conference started with a hearty breakfast and was followed by a Game of Thrones themed team building exercise, competing for the coveted overall prize of the Iron Throne. House Baelish were the winners on the day, and a great time was had by all who took part.
Thanks to all staff, it’s the commitment of AA Projects staff that made the staff conference such a great success and which supports the ongoing success of the business.