Associate Mechanical Engineer
Date Posted: 5 December 2022
We are looking for an Associate Mechanical Engineer who will manage a team of Senior Engineers and oversee the design and delivery process of assigned projects. The Associate will work alongside the Associate Director providing support on design and construction projects including performing mechanical engineering analysis and design, establishing project design requirements, design criteria, and estimating assumptions, supporting construction and commissioning efforts, interfacing with clients, customers, consultants, and construction firms.
- Provide support at all stages of the design process on related projects – in particular bring specialist insight into the concept design stage to ensure the subsequent design stages are developed with a winning strategy and appropriate level of innovation with the latest industry knowledge
- Responsible to lead the design team to enhance the “Design Excellence” through qualified project delivery
- Manage design stage including coordination with project stakeholders and others external and internal parties to achieve project milestones targets up to construction documents and selection of contractors
- Manage & co-ordinate engineering activities, designers & CAD operators for specific projects
- Acts as the Company representative with the Client and selected consultants and contractors during the program execution. Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key sub-consultants. Responsible for following up on instructions & commitments associated with the project
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health & Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan and other documents
- Other tasks as required
- A BEng(Hons) Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to use own initiative and work proactively, sometimes working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience, with at least the last 5 years in a senior role within the consulting industry
- Proficient in the use of IT systems with experience of using Hevacomp or similar, IES or TAS, Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good organisation and multi-tasking skills, displaying accuracy and attention to detail
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that our employees of today can be the company owners of tomorrow.