We are a progressive and innovative SME that welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that the employees of today can be the owners of tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join our property consultancy, based in our Leeds office.
You will be working with our dynamic team on a variety of projects and the role will involve:
- Providing building surveying services of various kinds, including defect investigations, condition surveys, planned maintenance surveys and schedules of condition associated with party wall matters, dilapidations and insurance valuations
- Assisting and leading on the design of projects including a mixture of refurbishment and some new build projects
- Full duties as contract administrator and financial project management of small to medium sized schemes
- Client management and business development
Applicants must have:
- Strong previous Building Surveying experience
- Professional experience in the public, educational and commercial sectors
- Full membership of RICS or equivalent
- First-class communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strong user of Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project and NBS
- A strong personal desire for continuous improvement and career progression
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Free on-site parking at Manchester head office
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.