Chartered Building Surveyor
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that the employees of today can be the owners of tomorrow.
We are looking for an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to join our growing team in London.
The role will involve:
Working across varied client instructions spanning education, health care, hotels and leisure as well as other sectors. You can expect a variety in workload and the ability to build a career in a progressive organisation that values its people.
Your time will be split between project and survey activities, where it is expected you will run your own projects acting as the lead consultant working with other in-house disciplines and supply chain partners. You will also be trained in the use of state of the art technology on survey commissions and will become proficient in the use of GoReport our bespoke survey tool.
Requirements of the role:
- BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying
- Full membership of the RICS or similar
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working in a busy office environment and dealing with clients/customers
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish trust and develop effective working relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Uses initiative to find solutions
- PC literate including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Can interpret and oversee preparation of AutoCAD drawings to a good standard
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- A professional and have a positive approach
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to use their own initiative and work pro-actively
- A flexible attitude to work
- Highly confidential with information and data
- A sense of humour
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Free on-site parking at Manchester head office
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.