Chartered Building Surveyor
Location: London, Birmingham, Leeds & Oxford
Date Posted: 18 January 2023
This is an excellent opportunity for a Chartered Consultant to play an integral role within our Building Surveying team. You will be given leading client facing roles in projects to help you grow in terms of your senior development, your professional output and your impact towards the business. You will join an established team based in Birmingham, Leeds, or Oxford.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide breadth of projects and expertise, be given tangible ownerships, supported by an expansive pool of experts.
We are looking for a dynamic candidate to grow and excel in the role and as a company we are structured to help our people progress and develop professionally.
You will be working with our dynamic team on a variety of projects and the role will involve:
- Project Management of various schemes
- Providing building surveying services of various kinds, including Technical Due Diligence, defect investigations, condition surveys, planned maintenance survey and schedules of condition
- Assisting and leading on the design of projects including a mixture of refurbishment and new build projects in the education sector, amongst others
- Full duties as contract administrator and financial project management of small to medium sized schemes
- Client management and business development
Applicants must have:
- Building Surveying qualification or similar
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working in a busy office environment and dealing with clients/customers
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish trust and develop effective working relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Uses initiative to find solutions
- PC literate including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Can interpret and oversee preparation of AutoCAD 2D drawings to a good standard
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that our employees of today can be the company owners of tomorrow.