Chartered Building Surveyor
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that the employees of today can be the owners of tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join our growing team in our Birmingham office.
You will be working with our dynamic team on a variety of projects and the role will involve:
- Project Management of various schemes
- Providing building surveying services of various kinds, including Technical Due Diligence, defect investigations, condition surveys, planned maintenance survey and schedules of condition
- Assisting and leading on the design of projects including a mixture of refurbishment and new build projects in the education sector, amongst others
- Full duties as contract administrator and financial project management of small to medium sized schemes
- Client management and business development
Applicants must have:
- Building Surveying qualification or similar
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working in a busy office environment and dealing with clients/customers
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish trust and develop effective working relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Uses initiative to find solutions
- PC literate including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Can interpret and oversee preparation of AutoCAD 2D drawings to a good standard
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- City Centre Office Location
- Hybrid working, subject to an appropriate and approved remote working location
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.