FM & Asset Management Consultant (Senior Consultant Levels Invited)
Location: Manchester, Birmingham or London
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Facilities Management Consultancy team of a rapidly growing mid-size consultancy. AA Projects provide advice and support to leading organisations across the public and private sectors around the world, on a wide range of issues related to the built environment. We work with some of the major PPP and PFI Investors across Europe, as well as several multinational organisations and public bodies.
With expertise across management consultancy, construction, energy & sustainability and facilities management this position provides the opportunity to collaborate with diverse teams of talented professionals and support clients with the planning, construction, operation, management and maintenance of their properties and assets.
The Facilities Management Consultant will provide clients with professional technical advice in delivering a range of Facilities Management commissions working with procurement of new services and optimisation of existing services. A large portion of the work will focus on working for investors to make sure their assets are performing to their very highest standards.
Consultancy commissions include but are not limited to Whole Life and Lifecycle Costing, FM Strategic Reviews, Procurement Advisory, Support and Management, Benchmarking etc.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of projects and develop relationships with the clients we work with. If you have your own client and contact base we would be interested to discuss options to incentivise development of this.
- Providing technical expertise and general support in relation to Facilities Management and Lifecycle costing.
- Working as part of the technical group and wider consultancy team to deliver on client commissions including strategic reviews, technical audits, procurement of Facilities Management contracts, cost benchmarking, condition surveys and etc.
- Providing input into tenders/bids as and when required.
- Producing technical specifications, performance management systems including payment mechanisms, SLA's and KPI's for procurement exercises
- Evaluating tender returns and technical appraisals.
- Producing life cycle cost models for a variety of projects
- Delivering the commissions on time, within budget and to the required standard.
- Attending consultancy team meetings on a monthly basis and contributing to all round team approach.
- Stay ahead of the curve with Facilities Management Industry guidelines and best practice, to ensure that clients are always presented with market leading options.
- Have held a previous role as an FM Consultant or other similar role in a Consultancy.
- Have broad experience of operational Facilities Management within a client-facing organisation, ideally within a corporate/commercial/public sector environment.
- Experience of PFI/PPP contracts, including benchmarking/market testing provisions
- Some experience of whole life costing and life cycling within the built environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Facilities Management marketplace, the current trends and thinking within the Facilities Management market, and demonstration of an ability to apply such trends in a strategic setting.
- Knowledge of public sector (Green Book) business case writing or review would be advantageous
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Ambitious and ready to progress career
- Strong IT skills; expertise in MS Office package including Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to accept change and work flexibly, including some travel
- A degree qualification or post graduate qualification in related subject i.e. BSc, BEng, HND, HNC, FM or equivalent is preferred.
- Professional memberships of a relevant professional body i.e. CIBSE, IET, IWFM/BIFM or working towards membership is an advantage.
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Free on-site parking at Manchester head office
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
Location: Manchester, Birmingham or London