Graduate Building Surveyor
Date Posted: 21 February 2023
This is an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Building Surveyor to join our growing team in our Birmingham office.
You will be working on a variety of projects across a number of sectors including commercial, retail, health, housing and education. Assisting clients with projects from inception to completion, the role will involve:
- Assisting with design projects including a mixture of refurbishment and some new build projects
- Assisting in the delivery of building consultancy advice across all areas of building surveying
- Contract administration
- Client liaison and relationship development
- Preparing Schedules of Condition
- Assisting with Party Wall Act and general neighbourly matters
AA Projects will provide you with an RICS approved structured training programme to enable you to progress towards becoming chartered, and a variety of experience to ensure progression within the company. Our staff retention is exceptional, and a number of our senior staff have developed their careers with us having joined as graduates.
Our ideal candidate will have recently achieved a minimum 2:1 classification with honours in Building Surveying and will possess the initiative and enthusiasm to develop a successful career in Building Surveying. We are looking for a driven and ambitious individual who we can provide a level of unrivalled training to.
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that our employees of today can be the company owners of tomorrow.