Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Location: Birmingham or Oxford
Date Posted: 18 January 2022
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate to play an integral role within our Quantity Surveying team, to provide comprehensive and efficient cost management across a variety of schemes and sectors throughout the project life cycle. You will be supported by robust training and regular guidance to help you grow in terms of your professional output and your impact towards the business. You will join an established team based in Birmingham or Oxford.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide breadth of projects and expertise so that they may become outstanding and well-rounded professionals.
We are looking for a dynamic candidate to grow and excel in the role and as a company we are structured to help our people progress and develop professionally. Within the role, you will develop relationships with key Clients and must have excellent communication skills with a passion to succeed.
You will be involved in:
- The production of feasibility estimates.
- Cost planning through the RIBA Stages and advising on design options.
- Preparation of tender documentation, tender analysis and preparing tender recommendations.
- Compiling contract documentation and administering the contract.
- Monitoring costs of projects and their progress in relation to the agreed programme, budget and quality standards.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of numeracy, literacy and attention to detail
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that our employees of today can be the company owners of tomorrow.