Date Posted: 5 December 2022
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will support design and construction projects including performing mechanical engineering analysis and design, establishing project design requirements, design criteria, and estimating assumptions, supporting construction and commissioning efforts, interfacing with clients, customers, consultants and construction firms.
- Contribute to successful project completion by providing technical services in accordance with project time and quality
- Maintain, enhance and apply both design and technical knowledge ensuring production of high quality drawings
- Mechanical design of heating and cooling systems, ventilation and air conditioning, domestic water services and above-ground drainage, automatic controls, BMS as well as other related mechanical utility systems as assigned
- Preparation of mechanical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents
- Participate in the design progress and coordination meetings
- Coordination with other discipline engineers as applicable for the continuity of the design process
- Other tasks as required
- A BEng(Hons) Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to use own initiative and work proactively, sometimes working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential
- 4-8 years of relevant experience in design and delivery of projects within the consulting industry
- Experience and track record in the design of mechanical systems on a variety of building projects, i.e., retail, mixed-use developments, hospitality, healthcare, offices and industrial
- Proficient in the use of IT systems with experience of using Hevacomp or similar, IES or TAS, Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good organisation and multi-tasking skills, displaying accuracy and attention to detail
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that our employees of today can be the company owners of tomorrow.