Chartered Building Surveyor, Healthcare
Date Posted: 18 January 2023
This is an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join a growing team in Manchester, working for a leading property & construction consultant, delivering a range of exciting and challenging schemes within the health care sector, education sector and commercial sector.
MRICS you will have professional experience of working in the health sector, education sector and commercial sector; experience of managing design teams in the capacity of lead designer and project manager under the JCT suite of contracts and extensive experience of specification writing for design projects in the health sector and education sector.
You will be comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project and NBS and have a sound working knowledge of design and compliance in the health sector, following HTM and HBN guidance notes. Knowledge of Concerto would be useful.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and a great benefits package, including hybrid working, private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
You will be working with our dynamic team on a variety of projects and the role will involve:
- Project management of schemes in the healthcare sector
- Providing building surveying services of various kinds, including Technical Due Diligence, defect investigations, condition surveys, planned maintenance surveys and schedules of condition
- Assisting and leading on the design of projects including a mixture of refurbishment and new build projects in the healthcare sector
- Full duties as contract administrator and financial project management of small to medium sized schemes
- Client management and business development
Applicants musit have:
- Full membership of RICS or equivalent (ideally 3 years post qualification experience) open to options
- Professional experience of working in the health sector (hospitals, care homes and health centres)
- Experience of managing design teams in the capacity of lead designer and project manager under the JCT suite of contracts
- Extensive experience of specification writing for design projects in the Health sector
- First-class communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strong user of Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project and NBS
- A strong personal desire for continuous improvement and career progression
- Has a sound working knowledge of design and compliance in the Health sector, following HTM and HBN guidance notes
- Knowledge of Concerto
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that our employees of today can be the company owners of tomorrow.