Shaw Education Trust - Statutory Compliance Reviews
AA Projects was appointed by Shaw Education Trust to undertake a Strategic Estate Review. As part of this undertaking, the facilities management team was asked to review the property compliance status of all of the academies within the Trust.
The Trust has responsibility for a number of property related statutory obligations that would previously have been the responsibility of the individual academy, or the Local Authority.
AA Projects undertake approximately 40 Statutory Compliance Reviews at Academy schools each year and our key findings are:
- An average compliance score in academies of 60%
- A lack of property knowledge within the academy
- A lack of property related training within the academy
- Key management documents such as L8 compliant Risk Assessments and Fire Risk Assessments that are out of date and still in the name of the Local Authority
- Statutory certification missing or out of date
- Work equipment that is not maintained
Our output is a line by line review of each property related obligation an itemised action plan. Each line is scored to provide an overall compliance score.
AA Projects undertook each individual review and provided a report to identify the individual failings, whilst also providing best practice recommendations to enable the Trust to ensure compliance across all of the academies. This was then included as part of the wider Strategic Estates Review.
AA Projects is able to offer a number of services to assist Multi Academy Trust to close their gaps in compliance. We have provided Asset Management Tools which help Trusts gain a full understanding of the maintainable assets and standardise internal testing routines.