Birmingham & London
We are a progressive and innovative SME that welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that the employees of today can be the owners of tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join our property consultancy, based in our Oxford office.
You will be working with our dynamic team on a variety of projects and the role will involve:
- Providing building surveying services of various kinds, including defect investigations, condition surveys and planned maintenance surveys
- Assisting and leading on the design of projects including a mixture of refurbishment and some new build projects
- Preparation of Feasibility studies on behalf of clients
- Full duties as contract administrator and financial project management of small to medium sized schemes
- Client management and business development
- Development of Graduate staff within the business, supporting them through the APC process
Applicants must have:
- Strong previous Building Surveying experience
- Professional experience in the public, health, educational and commercial sectors
- Full membership of RICS or equivalent with 2 years post qualifying experience
- First-class communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strong user of Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project and NBS
- A strong personal desire for continuous improvement and career progression
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary, plus car allowance
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection and life assurance
- 25 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Paid professional subscriptions
- We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.