Manchester or Leeds Office
AA Projects is a successful management and property consultancy with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, London, Birmingham and Oxford. We are a progressive organisation with dynamic people and acknowledge that our success is attributed to the skills and professionalism of our high quality team members. Our highly skilled team includes projects managers, building surveyors, property consultants, management consultants, quantity surveyors, energy & sustainability consultants, health & safety consultants, facilities management consultants and our invaluable support functions.
We recognise and value the skills of our people and are committed to their continued professional and personal growth and development. We want our people to succeed and be the best; supporting our vision and enabling us to be at the forefront of innovative, specialist property and construction solutions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing the brief with the client and design team
- Representing the interests of the client, and making sure the aims of the project are met
- Leading and managing project procurement, delivery and commissioning liaising with key stakeholder
- Controlling all project budgets including consultant fees, keeping track of progress and ensuring that the project is on time and on budget.
- Advising on procurement and programme issues
- Establishing and maintaining project risk registers
- Preparing progress reports and making recommendations to clients
- Undertaking contract administration, valuation and certification
- Implementing project change control
- Ensuring that quality standards are adhered to
- Other duties as may reasonably be required
Skills & Experience
- Strong previous experience as a Project Manager managing a variety of construction projects
- Construction related degree with established post qualification experience
- Professional experience in commercial and residential sectors
- Excellent contract administration skills, with experience in dealing with various types of contracts (experience of NEC Contracts preferable)
- Commercially astute
- Ability to manage teams and achieve results through others
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders ensuring good communication and engagement at all levels
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan workloads and work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Problem solving and decision making
- An interest in building technologies, innovation, BIM, lean construction etc
- Full membership of RICS or equivalent - desirable
- PC literate including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Professional and positive approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong at building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
- Flexible attitude to work
- A desire to make a positive and significant contribution within the project management division and contribute to the reputation of AA Projects
- Commitment to providing a high quality client service and to applying best practice
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing with length of service, plus the opportunity to purchase extra holiday days
- Private health care
- Everyday health care cash back scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Life assurance
- Payment of professional subscriptions / Structured APC training programme
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.