Manchester (Head Office)
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that the employees of today can be the owners of tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our property consultancy. We are looking for an Architectural Technician who is either recently graduated or has up to 1-year experience to join our Manchester team.
- Working within a dynamic team, the role will involve:
- Work alongside Lead Designer preparing feasibility studies and presentations for clients
- Preparing existing/proposed floor plans, site plans and elevations
- Construction detailing
- Creation of 3D sketches and images
- Full traditional measured surveys using Disto etc.
- Creating 3D models in AutoCAD for schemes ranging in size from small to medium
- Contract administration
- Site progress inspections
- Maintain administrative records and handle correspondence
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a BSc (Hons) (or equivalent qualification/experience) & will ideally be a graduate or have worked in industry for a year
- Experience in the public, educational and health sectors
- Good practical understanding of building construction and building refurbishment
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan workloads and work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- PC literate including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, 3D modelling
- BIM desired but not essential
Our ideal candidate will have the following personal qualities:
- Professional and positive approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use own initiative and work pro-actively
- Strong at building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve targets
- Flexible attitude to work
- A desire to make a positive and significant contribution within the building surveying division and contribute to the reputation of AA Projects
- Commitment to providing a high-quality client service and to applying best practice
We hold Investors in People status, were shortlisted for the Good Employer Guide Building Award and listed by Building Magazine as a Top 10 employer. We will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Free on-site parking
- We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.