Manchester (Head Office)
We are a progressive and innovative SME which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that the graduates of today can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Building Surveyor to join our growing team in Manchester.
You will be working on a variety of projects across a number of sectors including commercial, retail, health and education. Assisting clients with projects from inception to completion, the role will involve:
- Assisting to design projects including a mixture of refurbishment and some new build projects
- Assisting in the delivery of building consultancy advice across all areas of building surveying
- Contract administration
- Client liaison and relationship development
AA Projects will provide you with a RICS approved structured training programme to enable you to progress towards becoming chartered, and a variety of experience to ensure progression within the company. Our staff retention is exceptional, and a number of our senior staff have developed their careers with us having joined as graduates.
- A logical and practical mind
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to build lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
- Personal qualities
- A hard-working approach
- A creative and an original thinker
- Willing to develop your technical skills
- A real passion for developing, advancing and shaping the future of the built environment
- Our ideal candidate will have recently achieved excellent GCSE results and excellent ‘A’ level results, and will possess the initiative and enthusiasm to develop a successful career in building surveying, along with meeting the following entry criteria:
- GCSE in Mathematics and English – Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- Level 3 (A Level/BTEC) or equivalent
- Equivalent of 104 UCAS points (BCC) or relevant work experience
- BTEC National Diploma MMM
We are looking for driven and ambitious individuals who we can provide a level of unrivalled training too.
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection and life assurance
- 25 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Paid professional subscriptions
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applying for this position is Friday 17 May 2019 and successful candidates will be invited to attend interview at our Head Office in Manchester. Strictly no agencies please.