AA Projects building surveying team has a wealth of knowledge and experience in dealing with all areas of dilapidations matters for both landlords and tenants. We focus our efforts on sound technical knowledge, clear and concise communications made at an early stage, collaborative interaction between all parties, a solid appreciation of the commercial value of our involvement and ensure that our advice and actions meet the guidance set out in the RICS dilapidation protocols.
Our surveyors are able to provide landlords with a fast and clear appraisal of tenant dilapidation liabilities, combined with tactical knowledge to manage any claim through to completion. We have a proactive and professional approach throughout the process. In addition to the preparation of terminal schedules of dilapidation surveys and negotiation of dilapidation claims we offer the following services:
- Strategic assessment of dilapidations liabilities for acquisition or disposal of assets
- Compilation or consideration of schedules of condition upon the granting of leases
- Overview of "stalled" dilapidation claims negotiations and tactical advice
- Advice upon the use of repair notices
- Management of building contracts to rectify the tenant's dilapidations in such a way that maximum cost recovery is achieved from the outgoing tenant
- Assessment of dilapidations for property acquisition services
For Tenants, cost certainty is required, combined with the most economic solution to their dilapidation liabilities. All too often there is a misunderstanding of the dilapidations process which can allow landlords a disproportionate advantage over their tenants in dealing with dilapidation claims.
Where a dilapidations schedule has not been served we advise tenants on how to minimise liabilities. We also advise on potential dilapidation liabilities which may create the difference between relocating or renewing a lease.
Our fast and effective advice reduces longevity of dilapidations 'disputes' and allows the corporate occupier to settle at minimal cost.