One of our aims is to work in long-term partnership with our clients, understanding their business to ensure compliance with the latest legislation. The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order came into effect in April 2006 and replaced over 70 separate pieces of fire safety legislation. The Order introduced some significant changes in accountability placing responsibility for fire safety on the building owner, occupier, managing agent or employer of any workplace under their control.
Our experienced assessors hold the BSC diploma and are members of the Institute of Fire Engineers, an accreditation recognised by insurers. The range of services we offer includes:
- Initial fire risk assessment
- Preparing emergency plans
- Developing person emergency evacuation plans (PEEPs) for disabled employees/visitors
- Preparing fire safety policies
- Periodic inspections and pre-alteration advice
- Fire precautions and signage advice
- Fire training for staff
Experience indicates that the cost of a fire risk assessment and related services can be off-set by reduced insurance premiums. Failure to comply with fire safety legislation may invalidate an insurance policy. Please contact us for further advice.