7 July 2023
Our Director of Energy & Sustainability, Richard Murray, joins the EIC at the Houses of Parliament for their Parliamentary Reception 2023.
On Thursday 06 July 2023, Director and Head of Energy and Sustainability at AA Projects Richard Murray, visited the Houses of Parliament as a member of The Environmental Industries Commission (EIC) to attend their Parliamentary Reception 2023.
Speakers at the event included Rt Hon George Eustice MP – Former Secretary of State for DEFRA, Philippa Spence, Chair, Environmental Industries Commission and Managing Director of Ramboll as well as Nusrat Ghani MP - Minister of State in the Department for Business and Trade and the Cabinet Office.
During this years’ Parliamentary Reception the EIC manifesto, Green Growth, Skills, and Prosperity was launched, recommending key priorities for government.
These priorities are:
- Implement stricter air quality targets to safeguard public health.
- Build resilience in water management and supply.
- Prioritise biodiversity action and boost green infrastructure.
- Support levelling up through brownfield first.
- Drive collaboration and implementation of key policy frameworks to deliver a circular economy.
- Streamline regulations for environmental growth.
Commenting on the new EIC manifesto, Richard said, “Green growth within our economy should be of the highest importance for everyone. Delivering this requires a framework grounded in innovation, that prioritises social value, engaging experts and stakeholders from across the different sectors we work within. The new policy manifesto released by the EIC sets a stage that allows policymakers, businesses, and stakeholders to collaborate and innovate, allowing us to create a more sustainable society”.